Tuesday, March 03, 2020

Reading I'm Enjoying and the continuing search for sustainable printing

I'm continuing my search for a biodegradable, no-VOC home printer ink or a printing press that is leading the change in that respect.

An interesting article about algae-based ink that I came across.

Someone from a FB writer's group mentioned New Society Publishers, a certified B corporation which uses 100% PCW paper and vegetable-based ink and specializes in nonfiction books that are tools for change for social justice.

I also read an article about Sylvia Plath on LitHub and am eagerly anticipating the accompanying book from the author.

I am also enjoying the collected articles from Soraya Chemaly, a writer traversing the feminist landscape and offering smoldering criticism for the patriarchy.  Its as if I were writing nonfiction articles.

The children have been getting baking books, young adult fiction books of horror by the likes of Neil Gaimen and Mary Downing Hahn having found the Goosebumps by R.L. Stine series too tame and pedantic, Nancy Drew books (what a blast from the past!) from the library and 2 brought home the gigantic tome of It by Stephen King.  Was it a misstep to rent the first and second It movies and let the children watch them?  I think not.

I'm currently reading The Wind in the Keyhole by Stephen King, a book from the Dark Tower series. It is bittersweet as I adore Mid-World and was delighted to see it continue in this book.  Now I fear its end.  I endeavor to create such dynamic and endearing characters.

I have my eye on 1's copy of The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman that she got from her grandma for Christmas and will pick it up to read soon.
Update: my sweetheart gifted me a new book from my favorite author!  Eek!

No comments: