Thursday, April 09, 2020

Update during the global hysteria

Everything is locked down, non essential workers are supposed to stay home, yet just the other day, I received a rejection letter from a literary magazine.  They didn't even encourage me to submit something else, just told me that my work isn't what they're looking for.  Which is good since I wouldn't want my superior work to get more readership for their low-quality literary magazine.  Not sure what is essential about rejecting my poetry.

Well, this just stokes the fire.  If you're quiet, you can hear my maniacal sounding laugh.

Combined with the fact that LITERALLY no publisher/press is set up to print with vegetable based ink on 100% PCW paper, I'm feeling disheartened.

We found New Society Publishers, which IS printing with low VOC vegetable based ink and 100% PCW paper but it is dedicated to publishing resources for global change.

So here I am, with piles of poetry ready to be published but I'm not willing to publish my work in a traditional and earth-destructive methods and we have a wealth of family recipes we have perfected as well as an ethical and organic practical life to share.

So I've switched gears to putting together a recipe book, Our Ethical Kitchen that can be published with low VOC vegetable based ink and 100% PCW paper with New Society Publishers.  My family is supporting me, believing in me through my own self-doubt, as I put together our recipe book and work on our accompanying blog, Our Ethical Kitchen.

Even though I have felt myself falter with rejections, dead-ends and self-doubt, I believe in this recipe book and am excited to share it with the world.

I AM the change I wish to see.

No comments: